Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Random experiment

After sitting at my computer for countless minutes with a blank imagination trying to think what to make, I came up with an idea to experiment on creating a rim.
People that liked my work on highpoly rim models I have done before, knew I would already make them high poly, but never actually baked them out.
This was my experiment precisely for that. lol

This is what I came up with entirely in 3-4 hours.

That includes:

  • Modeling a highpoly model
  • Creating a decent optimized lowpoly model from that highpoly model
  • Baking the highpoly model's normals to the lowpoly
  • Tweaking the lowpoly's topology to present the best proper normals
  • Use Substance Designer to bake out a curvature and ambient occlusion
  • Create a standard base in Quixel Suite using all I created so far
  • Make a small presentation of what I've done in Marmoset Toolbag 2

No comments:

Post a Comment